Lean Summer Body Tips
Summer Lean Body Tips
Summer is here and it’s not too late to get in shape. In fact, it’s never too late. The important thing is you start now. I don’t know about you, but even for me the thought of wearing a bathing suit sends shivers up my spine. Yes, even those of us who work in the fitness industry still have the same insecurities when it comes to letting go of our winter woollies and showing off our beach body. Well have no fear, there are strategies you can do to dial in and feel more confident on the beach. I even use these strategies myself to prepare for my fitness competitions. So take note these are serious tips I am giving you, and even better some of these tricks will work immediately.
The key to feeling better fast is to drop the extra layer of water you may be holding that makes you feel bloated and squiggly.
Obviously, you also want to lose fat but you can only safely lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. Overall, your diet should be squeaky clean and healthy 90% of the time to start seeing that bikini body coming through.
The following strategies will increase your fat burning potential but will also give you a quick fix in that you will drop the layer of bloat quickly. And in turn this will make you feel better immediately.
1. Drink lots of ICE COLD water. This will make your body work harder to warm it up burning more calories. To get rid of your bloat you have to flush your body with water. You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day. If you like, add sliced lemon and cucumber as these are natural diuretics.
2. Consume other natural diuretics such as asparagus, vitamin C rich foods and green tea. If you want you can also supplement your diet with vitamin c and green tea extract.
3. Get rid of any processed, starchy carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, cakes and cookies as they cause you to hold water. Avoid sodium and preservatives that also cause water retention. Instead opt for fresh, natural foods such as fruits, vegetables and lean protein.
4. Eat vegetables at each meal along with at least 1-2 pieces of fruit a day especially ones high in carotenoids, beta carotene, alpha carotene and lycopene which are proven to equal smaller waistlines. These include kale, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, lettuce, broccoli, watermelon, and apricots.
5. Reduce your consumption of alcohol. If you are used to having your nightly tipple, cut back to only having 2-3 glasses a week at the most. And when you do enjoy it alternate it with a glass of water.
6. If your diet is uber clean and your working hard in the gym you may want to consider some fat burning supplements as a finishing touch. Like highly recommended products such as SLIM 1 ADVANCED or XCEL BURN.
Improve your posture. Standing up taller and engaging your core will make you look slimmer without even losing anything! Get into the habit of standing up straight and holding everything in.
This Workout Program will challenge your body, requires no equipment and will certainly crank up your heart rate. It can be performed anywhere whether it’s the park, gym or your back yard.
It’s done interval style. Go all out and complete one circuit and then recover. This is the most effective type of fat burning you can do.
Push yourself as hard as you can. Your heart rate should be at a level where you are breathing hard and you can barely talk. Doing these exercises in the morning will get your metabolism revving for the rest of the day.
Perform the exercises one after the other with no rest. Aim for 10 reps of each exercise the first time you run through it and progress to 20 reps of each. Time yourself and however long it takes you to complete a circuit, give yourself the same amount of rest and then repeat four to six more times.
Body Weight Squat (10-20 reps)
• Stand with feet shoulder width apart
• Bend knees, keeping back straight and knees pointing forwards
• Lower until thighs are parallel to the floor
• Extend knees and hips until legs are straight
Alternating Walking Lunges (10-20 reps each side)
• Stand tall and step forward into a lunge with the left foot and contract the right glute
• Alternate by stepping forward into a lunge with the right foot and contract the left glute
• Continue alternating for prescribed repetitions and maintain upright posture throughout
Jump Lunges (10-20 reps)
• After lunging forward your going to explosively jump into the air
• Switch legs before you land, and go straight back into a lunge
• Alternate from side to side exploding into the air
Jump Squats (10-20 reps)
• Cross your arms in front of your body and perform a low squat
• As you come out of the squat, jump straight up into the air as high as possible
• Transition immediately into the next rep
Burpees (10-20 reps)
• Adopt a push up position
• Jump both legs in towards your chest and stand up and repeat
Tuck Jumps (10-20 reps)
• Jump and get as high as you can while bringing your knees into your chest
• Minimise floor contact time and repeat immediately
• When you land, bend your knees to soften the landing
• Use your arms to give you momentum to get higher